- 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1–2 medium avocados, peeled and pitted*
- 1/4 cup of tahini (well stirred!)*
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1–2 tablespoons of water to thin as desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender: chickpeas, lemon juice, avocados, tahini, olive oil, garlic, water, salt and pepper.
- Blend on medium-high heat until creamy and smooth!
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container for up to a week. ENJOY! Since this has avocado in it, it will start to brown a bit after 24 hours. To help prevent this, take some plastic wrap and place it directly on top of/ touching the hummus in an air tight container and press out any air. place the lid on the container and store it this way so that as little air is touching the hummus as possible.
*it’s really up to you how many avocados you put in but I’ve tried it several ways and it’s always delicious. You can always start with 1 and then easily blend in another as desired based on taste etc.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: blending
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: avocado hummus, hummus snack, homemade hummus