- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 bottle of beer (any kind will do but I prefer a lighter beer)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter, melted, divided (I like the olive oil flavor of THIS butter)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an average sized loaf pan.
- Start by sifting together all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Do not skip the sifting of at least the flour!
- Pour into the flour mixture the beer and maple syrup. Stir until the flour is just combined.
- In the bottom of your loaf pan, pour in half of the melted butter.
- Pour the bread dough on top of the butter and then pour the remaining butter on top of the dough.
- Use a pastry brush to spread out the butter across the top of the loaf so that it gets in all of the crevices.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes checking for done-ness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out clean, it’s done!