- 1 small chicken, jointed (you could also use 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast)
- 2 small white onions, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup of parsley, chopped (plus extra for topping)
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/4 cups of white wine (I used chardonnay)
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 12 peppercorns
- Soak the chicken in salted water for 1 hour. Remove the chicken from the water and set aside.
- Combine the onion, carrots, parsley, and garlic in the slow cooker. Top with the chicken and then pour the white wine over the chicken. Even disperse the thyme and peppercorn over top of the chicken and then cook for on low for 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours (can cook on low as long as 8 hours).
- Serve in a shallow bowl topped with fresh parsley and ENJOY!!