These Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes are the most creamy, flavorful mashed potatoes and I know they will be your new favorite side dish. So easy too!
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of broth (I used veggie broth but you can use chicken if you prefer)
- 4 pounds of russet potatoes, washed, peeled and chopped into about 6 pieces each*
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of non-dairy milk
- ½ cup of vegan mayo
- ⅓ cup of vegan butter, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the water and the broth in the slow cooker and turn it on to your desired heat (low if you’re cooking for 6 hours, high if you’re cooking for 3 hours). Add in another cup of water if the potatoes aren’t fully covered.
- Clean and peel the potatoes. Chop them into large pieces and place into the slow cooker with the liquid.
- Cook on high for 2 1/2- 3 1/2 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Once done, put the slow cooker on the “warm” setting. Drain the liquid from the potatoes and place them back into the slow cooker.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients (the warmth from the potatoes will melt the butter) and mash the potatoes either using a potato masher OR using a hand mixer.
- Leave on the warm setting while you prepare the rest of your meal OR enjoy immediately.
*you can use other potatoes but I love this recipe with russet
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 916.1 mg
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.3 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
Keywords: crock pot mashed potatoes, slow cooker mashed potatoes