- 2 cups water
- 2 cups of broth (I used chicken broth but veggie can also be used)
- 4 pounds of potatoes (I used russet but any kind will do really)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of milk (can be any kind including unflavored almond milk)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- Place the water and the broth in the slow cooker and turn it on to your desired heat (low if you’re cooking for 6 hours, high if you’re cooking for 3 hours).
- Clean and peel the potatoes. Chop them into large pieces and place into the slow cooker with the liquid.
- Cook on low for 2 1/2- 3 1/2 hours or on high for 6-7 hours.
- Once done, put the slow cooker on the “warm” setting. Drain the liquid from the potatoes.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients (minus the chives) and mash the potatoes either using a potato masher OR using a hand mixer. Stir occasionally to make sure that all of the ingredients are mixing in well.
- Add in the chives and stir to combine.
- Leave on the warm setting while you prepare the rest of your meal OR enjoy immediately.