- Gallon apple cider
- 2 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 2 star anise (optional if you dont have them)
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon of whole cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoon of whole all spice
- Orange and cranberry plus alcohol for serving
- In a slow cooker, add in the apple cider, ginger, star anise, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and all spice. Mix, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours or even overnight OR on high for 4 hours.
- STOVETOP: if you would like to make this on the stovetop, mix everything in a large pot and bring to a gentle simmer. Let cook for about an hour. You can then turn the heat down as low as it will go in order to keep it warmed if needed.
- When ready to serve, garnish with fresh cranberries and/ or orange and spike with your favorite alcohol. I use about 1/2 of a shot per cup, personally.
- Category: cocktail
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: slow cooker, crockpot, apple cider, muled