These Snickers Granola Bars are simple to make and SO ridiculously delicious! Great as a snack or even for breakfast
- ½ cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/3 cup honey*
- 4 tablespoons butter (dairy-free as desired)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter*
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats*
- 3/4 cup peanuts, divided
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt for garnish
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, honey, butter, and coconut oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the butter has melted.
- Add the peanut butter and whisk to combine— the mixture will thicken slightly.
- Once the peanut butter is combined, add the oats and 1/2 cup of peanuts. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the granola to the baking dish and sprinkle over the remaining 1/4 cup of peanuts.
- Press the mixture into the pan, making sure to pack it tightly— you don’t want your granola bars to fall apart! Be careful, the mixture will be hot!
- Transfer the bars to the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once the bars have cooled, combine the chocolate and remaining two tablespoons of coconut oil in a small bowl. Microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Slice the bars and dip or drizzle the chocolate over them. Transfer the bars to the fridge to set.
- Keep chilled (to prevent the chocolate from melting) and enjoy within 5 days.
- Make sure to use honey— unfortunately this recipe doesn’t work with maple syrup.
- I used old fashioned oats because I prefer the texture, but quick cook oats will work too!
- I used roasted, salted peanuts but use whatever you have on hand.
- Category: snack
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: granola bars, vegan granola bars