For avocado dressing:
- 1 avocados
- 1/2 a lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
For quinoa bowl:
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups of veggie broth/ stock (you can also just use water but the broth adds lots of flavor to the quinoa)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and finely chopped into half inch pieces
- drizzle of olive oil (~1/2 tablespoon, not much is needed)
- s&p to taste
- sprinkle of cumin
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- couple handfuls of arugula
For the avocado dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy. Add a touch more water if you want the dressing to be a bit thinner. Set in the fridge until ready to use.
For the quinoa bowl:
- Cook the quinoa in the broth according to pack instructions. You can also cook it in your Instant Pot following THESE directions.
- While the quinoa cooks, roast the sweet potatoes. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. On a lined baking sheet, gently toss the sweet potato pieces in the oil and a bit of salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the cumin and arrange the sweet potato in a single layer on the baking tray.
- Bake the sweet potato for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Once the quinoa is done, you can assemble the bowl by simply combining some of the quinoa, black beans, sweet potato, and arugula.
- Drizzle over top the avocado dressing and ENJOY!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quinoa, vegan, dinner