1 large spaghetti squash 1 can of black beans 1/2 red onion 1 bell pepper (i used half red and half yellow) 1 cup of corn, frozen 1 jalapeno, diced cilantro salsa avocado 1/2 cup of cheese 1 1/2 tbs avocado oil 1 clove of garlic, minced 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon of cumin 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional 1/2 + 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cut in half long ways and de-seeded
- cooking spray
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper (i used half red and half yellow), finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 1/2 tbs avocado oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 + 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1 cup of corn, frozen
- 1/2 cup of non-dairy “cheddar cheese”
- For topping: chopped avocado and cilantro
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a bake sheet with cooking spray, place the squash on it, skin side down, and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. You’ll know once it’s done when you can easily pierce the skin of the squash with a fork.
- Once done, take out of the oven and let cool. Leave the oven on.
- While the squash is cooling, prepare the filling. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the avocado oil and add in the onion. Let saute for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add in the garlic, black beans, bell pepper, jalapeno, chili powder, oregano, cumin, cayenne, and sea salt. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add in the corn and cook until the corn is warmed all the way through. Take off of the heat.
- Shred the flesh of the squash away from the skin and place on a cutting board. Set the skins of the squash aside to use in a minute. Chop lightly so that the strands of spaghetti squash are smaller (more closely resembling rice). Mix the spaghetti squash into the black bean mixture.
- Re-stuff the skin of the squash with the squash/ black bean mixture. Top with the cheese and place back in the oven for ~5 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted.
- Top with avocado and cilantro and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes