Air Fryer Spicy Tofu is cubes of crispy tofu coated in a tasty sweet chili sauce. Serve over rice for the perfect meatless main course that’s packed with flavor, protein and nutrients!
For the Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ cup cornstarch
For the Sweet Chili Sauce
- ⅓ cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
For the Tofu
- Press the tofu according to THESE detailed directions.
- Slice the tofu into ½” cubes and place them in a large bowl. Drizzle over the olive oil and soy sauce and toss gently to combine.
- Add the cornstarch and toss to combine. Spray your air fryer basket well with olive oil spray and add the tofu in a single layer, making sure now to overcrowd the basket.
- Cook the tofu at 400ºF for 10 minutes. Then, remove it from the air fryer and place it in a large bowl.
For the Sauce
- While the tofu air fries, place all of the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Allow the sauce to cool for 5 minutes or until it is no longer steaming. This will help prevent the tofu from becoming soggy.
- Toss the sauce with the tofu until each piece is evenly coated.
- Serve over rice with your choice of garnishes. This tofu is best enjoyed on the day it is made, as it tends to become soggy when stored.
*Extra firm tofu ensures that it will hold together in the air fryer and become crisp instead of crumbly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spicy tofu, air fryer tofu