Get your greens in with this refreshing Spirulina Smoothie made with frozen fruit, yogurt, cucumber, kale and spirulina powder. This delicious smoothie recipe is packed with antioxidants, protein and fiber for a healthy and filling breakfast or snack you’ll love!
- 1 banana or 1 cup of frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of yogurt of choice
- 1/2 cup of mango (or other frozen fruit)
- 1/4–1/2 of an English cucumber
- 1 cup of liquid (I love oat milk in this, but any milk or even just water would work well.)
- 1–2 teaspoons of spirulina powder*
- Optional for added sweetness: 1 medjool date or 1/2-1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 cup of chopped kale (or other greens)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high powered blender and blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes or until the smoothie is fully liquified and no chunks of the kale remain.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Spirulina powder – If you’ve never tried spirulina in a smoothie, I suggest starting with 1 teaspoon, taste, and then add an additional ½-1 tsp of powder depending on how you like the taste.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 431
- Sugar: 39.3 g
- Sodium: 183.1 mg
- Fat: 13.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 63.9 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 18.5 mg
Keywords: green smoothie, spirulina smoothie