Not only are these Strawberry Brownies super easy to make, but they’re also perfectly rich, fudgy and over-the-top delicious. This recipe is completely vegan and bursting with strawberry flavor.
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 box strawberry cake mix (double check that it’s vegan as desired)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon plant-based milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease an 8×8″ pan with nonstick baking spray. Line it with parchment paper, if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed meal and water; stir. Place the mixture in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil, and flax mixture. Whisk until combined– the mixture will be thick, but that’s okay!
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 33-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool.
- While the brownies are still warm, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Pour the glaze evenly over the warm brownies.
- Allow the brownies to cool fully before slicing (about 1 hour).
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- If you don’t have flaxseed meal, place whole flax seeds in a coffee or spice grinder and pulse them 10-15 times, or until coarsely ground.
- I used Duncan Hines Perfectly Moist Strawberry Supreme Cake Mix.
- I used almond milk, but oat or soy would also work– or you could use water!
- The key to these brownies is the glaze soaking into the warm brownies. Make sure to add the glaze right when they come out of the oven.
- To make clean cuts in the brownies, warm your knife under hot water and then wipe it with a towel between each cut. These are fudgey brownies so they will stick to your knife a bit!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan brownies, strawberry brownies, strawberry blondies