Strawberry Freezer Jam will be your new favorite spread! It’s perfectly sweet, subtly tart, and SO incredibly delicious! This easy recipe is made with just five simple ingredients and is the perfect addition to toast, biscuits, oatmeal and so much more!
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 4 cups of granulated sugar
- 3oz package of liquid fruit pectin*
- 3/4 cup of boiling water
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Place the strawberries in a large bowl and mash them so that just a few chunks remain. I like to do this with a potato masher but you can also use a fork. Mix in the sugar and let sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, stir together the boiling water and liquid pectin and mix it into the strawberries. Stir in the lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into clean glass jars and cover/ seal. Let sit on the counter, at room temperature, for 24 hours, and then place in the freezer.
- To enjoy, remove a jar the night before you’d like to enjoy it! I let mine sit on the counter overnight and it’s perfect in the morning.
- The jam will last in the fridge for about 4 weeks or in the freezer for up to a year.
Pectin- I used a 3oz packet of Certo liquid fruit pectin (see photo above for reference)- I’ve found it at most major grocery stores.
Other fruit- I haven’t personally tried this with other berries, but I’ve heard of people swapping out some of the strawberries for other berries and the recipe still works great.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Rest Time: 24 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Spread
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry jam, strawberry freezer jam