With just 4 ingredients, strawberry milk is so easy to make at home and tastes way better than store-bought. Sweet, creamy and filled with fresh strawberry flavor, this homemade strawberry milk recipe is also extremely customizable from the amount of sugar to the type of milk you use. Kids and adults LOVE this childhood favorite!
- 2 cups of strawberries, hulled and diced (a little over half a pound)
- ⅓–½ cup of sugar*
- ⅔ cup of water
- 5 cups milk of choice (I tested this with 2% as well as oatmilk) – see instructions below for making a single serving of the milk vs. a larger batch
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium pot over medium high heat. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Strain the strawberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl. Use a spatula to gently press the strawberries down to remove all of the juice. Once all of the juice has been strained out, discard the strawberries. Allow the juice to cool before mixing it with your milk.
- To make a single serving of the strawberry milk: mix together 1 cup of cold milk with 3-4 tablespoons of the juice. Start with 3 and add more as desired. Store leftover juice in the fridge (up to 2 weeks) to make the milk as desired.
- To make a large batch of the strawberry milk: mix together 5 cups of cold milk with most/ all of the strawberry juice and stir/ shake until fully combined. Store leftovers in the fridge and shake well before serving.
I usually use ½ cup of sugar but if you know that you might want it a little less sweet, you can start with ⅓ cup and add a little more later as desired.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5 servings (1 cup strawberry milk)
Keywords: strawberry milk, strawberry juice