- 1 cup of grapefruit Juice
- ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 4 ounces Vodka
- 2 cups Ice
- Salt for the rim
- Salt the rims of two cocktail classes of choice. You will do this by placing a small amount of water in a shallow dish and placing margarita salt on a separate plate. Gently dip the rim of your glass into the water, and then coat with the salt. Set aside.
- Add ice to your blender along with the grapefruit juice, strawberries, and vodka. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour the frozen drink into two prepared glasses. Garnish with a strawberry, lemon wheel or a sprig of Thyme. Enjoy!
- Can I sub out frozen strawberries for fresh?: Yes! The frozen berries may even make it more slushie!
- Although a traditional salty dog uses vodka, light rum or gin would also be a tasty addition.
- Category: cocktail
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: frozen cocktail, strawberry cocktail, salty dog cocktail