This Sugar Cookie Frosting recipe is very simple to make and the perfect pair to your favorite cookies!
- 3 tablespoons of butter, softened (vegan as desired)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk (any milk including plant milks will work!)
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract*
- food coloring as desired (I used about 2 crops of red to get a pale pink frosting)
- Make the frosting by combining the butter and half of the powdered sugar in a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) until just combined.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar as well as the milk, vanilla, almond extract, and food coloring. Continue to whisk until it reaches your desired consistency (about 1-2 minutes).
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge.
*As desired, you could leave out the almond extract and simply add in double the vanilla
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: mixer
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan frosting, sugar cookie frosting, cookie frosting