- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/3 cup of oil + 3 tablespoons, divided
- For the sauce:
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 tbs corn starch + 2 tbs water
For serving: sesame seeds, green onion, and rice/ quinoa
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place the cauliflower in a large plastic baggie (you can also do this in a large bowl) and toss in the salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of the oil. Give it a good shake to coat the cauliflower and then add in the 1/2 cup of cornstarch. Toss again until covered in the cornstarch.
- Heat 1/3 cup of oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Once hot, add in the cauliflower and fry for about 5 minutes, tossing to cook on all sides. Once done, place on the baking sheet.
- Make the sauce by whisking together the apple cider vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic salt, and corn starch + water. Pour the sauce over top of the cauliflower and toss.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is just starting to get crispy.
- Serve with sesame seeds, green onion, and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: cauliflower, vegan