- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- S&P to taste
- 1 15oz can of black beans, warmed up
- white corn tortillas
- 1/2 bag (~8 ounces) of shredded cabbage/ coleslaw (broccoli slaw would also work well)
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (some other neutral oil will also work), melted
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of white whine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 avocado, pitted and skinned
- small handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of line juice
- S&P to taste
- Optional for garnish: extra cilantro
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil and some salt and pepper to taste.
- On a prepared baking sheet, evenly spread out the diced sweet potatoes and put them in the pre-heated oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- While they roast, prepare the slaw: In a large bowl, melted coconut oil, lime juice, cumin, white wine vinegar, and honey are mixed together. Then the slaw is tossed in as well as the cilantro. Set aside.
- To prepare the avocado sauce: Avocado, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, and S&P are blended together in a food processor until the sauce is creamy smooth.
- Black beans are heated up either in the microwave or on the stove.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done roasting, the tacos can be assembled by topping a tortilla with the sweet potatoes, black beans, slaw, and the sauce.