Easy and delicious Vegan Sweet Potato Chili Recipe!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed (or finely minced)
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 15 ounce cans of beans, drained and rinsed (I used kidney beans and cannellini beans but black beans would also work well!)
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in the oil. Once the oil is warmed, add in the onion, sweet potato, and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently and being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients, increase heat, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked through and fork tender.
- Once ready to eat, take off of the heat and garnish with some vegan sour cream, green onion, avocado, etc.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: soup
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 14.3 g
- Sodium: 2478 mg
- Fat: 8.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 68.6 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan soup, vegan chili, vegetarian chili, sweet potato chili