- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of good cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 flax eggs (with a link)
- 1 cup of unflavored almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of sweet yellow corn
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the butter to a skillet and place it in the oven until the butter is just melted but making sure not to burn it at all. Remove from the oven.
- Swirl the butter around so that it fully coats the bottom of the skillet.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the flax eggs, milk, and oil.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until fully incorporated but being careful not to over mix.
- Gently stir in the corn.
- Pour the batter into the hot skillet and place it into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.