Easy & delicious vegan bacon made from tempeh!
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 package of tempeh, roughly 8 oz
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed or 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Prep the tempeh by cutting it into very thin slices about 1/8- 1/4 of an inch thick. I got about 35 slices out of my tempeh block. The thickness doesn’t matter too much but you do want it to be on the thinner side.
- Make the marinade by whisking together the soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic, liquid smoke, olive oil, and maple syrup in a shallow bowl. Toss in the tempeh strips and let marinate for 30 minutes or even a few hours.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Line the tempeh strips up on the baking sheet and pour about 1/2- 1 teaspoon of the marinade on each strip of the bacon. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and then bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Watch it the last 5 minutes to make sure that it is not getting too dark.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan bacon, tempeh recipe, vegan breakfast