Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies- these cookies are SO SIMPLE to make and no one will even know that they’re vegan!
- 8 tablespoons of room temperature vegan butter
- ¾ cup of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ¼ cup of plant based milk (I’ve tested this with almond milk, oat milk, and soy milk- all were great!)
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon of cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of dairy free chocolate chips and/ or chunks
- Optional for sprinkling: flaky sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.*
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Once fully combined, scrape down the sides, add in the milk and vanilla and mix until just combined. The mixture will look a little curdled but it’s okay!
- Add in the remaining ingredients minus the chocolate and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and chunks until mixed in. The dough will be sticky but should not stick to your hands when you go to roll it in a ball. If it’s too sticky, mix in a little extra flour.
- Taking 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of the dough, roll it into a ball and place them on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. They will spread as they bake (like normal cookies) so be sure to leave space).
- Bake for 9-12 minutes (if you made larger cookies, they’ll need closer to the 12 minutes to be done) or until the cookies are slightly browned on the bottom. They’ll seem a tad underdone when you first take them out but are perfect at this point! Let cool as long as you can and ENJOY!
Vegan Butter: if your butter is not at room temperature you can microwave it to softened it but try not to melt it all of the way
My all time favorite vegan butter is the Country Crock Plant Butter but I’ve tried these cookies with a few different dairy-free butters and they all worked well!
Baking Tray: I’ve tested these so many different ways and found that a light colored baking tray lined with parchment paper results in the best cookies. A darker tray will work but the cookies will likely end up more browned on the bottom.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, vegan cookies, vegan baking