Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies- these cookies are SO SIMPLE to make and no one will even know that they’re vegan!
- 8 tablespoons of room temperature vegan butter (I prefer the Miyokos vegan butter)*
- ¼ cup of light brown sugar
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ¼ cup of almond milk at room temperature
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of dairy free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and the sugars. Once fully combined, add in the almond milk and vanilla and mix until just combined. The mixture will look a little curdled but it’s okay!
- Add in the remaining ingredients minus the chocolate and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips until mixed in. The dough will be sticky but should not stick to your hands when you go to roll it in a ball. If it’s too sticky, mix in a little extra flour.
- Taking a heaping tablespoon of the dough, roll it into a ball and place them on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Using your fingers, gently press the dough down so that it’s flat but still in a cookie shape. My dough ended up about 1/3 of an inch tall. The cookies will spread when they bake but not as much as normal cookies so pressing them down a bit helps them bake evenly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly browned on the bottom. They’ll seem a tad underdone when you first take them out but are perfect at this point! Let cool as long as you can and ENJOY!
*if your butter is not at room temperature you can microwave it to softened it but try not to melt it all of the way
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, vegan cookies, vegan baking