Legit the BEST Veggie Burger recipe that you will ever make at home! Super simple ingredients and so very delicious!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped*
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced*
- 8 ounces of cremini mushrooms, sliced or roughly chopped*
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked brown rice (other rices will also work but brown rice is best and results in a burger that really sticks together well)
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour (use a 1–1 gluten free flour as needed)
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs (use gluten free as needed)
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- optional burger toppings: buns, onion, avocado, tomato, etc
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute the onion, carrot, and mushrooms until soft, about 8 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the sauteed veggie mixture to a food processor along with the rice, flour, bread crumbs, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Pulse until everything is combined and comes together. There will still be visible (very small) chunks of carrot and that’s okay!
- Form the mixture into 4-6 burger patties. It makes 4 larger burgers or 6 medium sized burgers.
- TO FRY: In a non- stick skillet, add in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add in the burgers (working in batches if needed), and saute for about 7 minutes per side. You want them to be nicely browned on each side.
- TO BAKE: Place the burger patties on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 8 minutes, flip, and bake an additional 8 minutes.
- TO GRILL: Heat your grill to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease the grates- I usually do this by dipping a double folded paper towel in a high heat oil (avocado oil or vegetable oil) and then carefully brushing that on the grates. Place the burgers on the grill and grill for 5-7 minutes. Once you have some nice browning and grill marks on one side, flip and grill an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Serve the veggie burgers with you favorite buns and toppings and ENJOY!!
*we’ll be blending these veggies later so size doesn’t matter too much
- Category: dinner
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan burger, veggie burger, the best veggie burger