Easy and delicious Caprese skewers made with tofu and a nice drizzle of balsamic glaze!
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 7 ounces of tofu, pressed of excess moisture and cut into 1/2–2/3 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- large handful of basil leaves for serving
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Start by making the balsamic glaze: in a small saucepan, place the cup of balsamic vinegar over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently until the vinegar has thickened and reduced by half. This takes about 10-12 minutes. Watch careful and set aside when done.
- Toss the tofu cubes with the sea salt and black pepper.
- Assemble the skewers by placing a tomato half, piece of tofu, and a folded basil leaf onto each tooth pick/ skewer.
- When ready to serve, drizzle each skewer with a touch of olive oil and the balsamic glaze and ENJOY!