This tofu coconut curry is simple to make and is SO delicious and comforting!
- 15 ounces of extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed*
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 3 cups of cauliflower florets, about ½ of a medium cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 15 ounce can of lite coconut milk
- 1 cup of broth
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter (can sub in peanut butter if desired)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of sliced sugar snap peas
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Once hot, add in the tofu and saute for 15 minutes, flipping every few minutes. This is best done in a non-stick skillet. See HERE for a more detailed guide on sautéing tofu.
- Meanwhile in a separate large skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and add in the minced garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the sweet potato and cauliflower and saute for 5 minutes as the veggies begin to soften a bit. Stir in the curry powder and turmeric and cook for an additional minute.
- Mix in the coconut milk, broth, almond butter, soy sauce, salt, and pepper and cook for 5 additional minutes as the veggies continue to cook. Stir in the bell pepper and snap peas and cook for 10 additional minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve on it’s own or over quinoa or basmati rice and enjoy!!
*See my guide HERE all about how and why to press tofu
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan dinner, vegan curry, tofu curry