These Tofu Satay skewers are simple to make and so delicious! Perfect for grilling season.
- 15 ounce block of firm or extra firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes*
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Peanut Sauce for serving
- Start out by freezing your tofu (you can skip this step if desired but I love the texture and flavor that it provides. See note below!). Cut the tofu into large 1 inch chunks and place into a air tight container. Place in the freezer and freeze through (I usually do this overnight). Remove from the freezer the morning you plan to make this and thaw in the fridge.
- In a resealable container, whisk together the coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, turmeric, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar. Add in the thawed tofu and marinate for 30 minutes or even several hours.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat your grill to 400 degrees F.
- Place the tofu on your skewers, about 5 pieces to each skewer. Place on the heated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until little charred around.
- Serve and ENJOY!
*If you’re not planning to freeze the tofu then you’ll need to press it before marinating it. I have a full guide on how to do that HERE
**if using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for about 20 minutes before using
- Category: dinner
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: grilled tofu, tofu recipe, vegan grilling