Turmeric Lemon Rice- this easy side dish is healthy and easy to throw together. It’s surprisingly refreshing and the perfect pairing for any dinner!
- 1 tablespoon of oil (I love coconut oil in this recipe)
- 2 cups of cooked basmati rice or other long grain rice
- 1 cup of sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves or garlic, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon, about 1 tablespoon of zest and 3 tbs of juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons of turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If you haven’t already done so, cook your rice. I LOVE the ease of cooking basmati rice in my instant pot. That recipe is HERE.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion and saute for 5 minutes until it becomes soft and translucent. Add in the garlic and saute for an additional 3 minutes.
- To the skillet add the cooked rice, lemon zest and juice, turmeric, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and continue to cook until everything is warmer through.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rice side dish, healthy side dish, vegan side dish, turmeric recipe