These TVP Tacos are simple to make, packed with protein, and fully plant based!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ cup of onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups of TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1 ½ cups of veggie broth (or other broth as desired)
- Taco seasoning packet
- Optional for serving: tortillas, tomatoes, cilantro, and onion
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Once shimmering, add in the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Mix in the TVP, broth, and taco seasoning. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes. You want the liquid to be fully absorbed by the TVP.
- Remove from the heat and serve! This is great on a salad, tacos, nachos, and more!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan taco meat, tvp tacos, what is tvp, textured vegetable protein