- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of applesauce, preferably unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons of honey (can also use agave nectar of maple syrup to keep it truly vegan)
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of non-dairy milk
- 1 cup of grated apple (about 1 medium apple)
- optional: 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F and prepare a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and process until they’re completely ground up and have more of a texture of flour.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the grated apple. Process until the mixture is fully combined and rather runny.
- OPTIONAL: for sweeter muffins, stir in 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- Stir in grated apple.
- Pour batter evenly into the 12 muffins cavities and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, checking for done-ness at around the 20 minute mark. They’re done once a toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with a bit more cinnamon and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes