This Apple Crisp recipe is FULLY Vegan and so easy to make! It’s fall flavors at it’s FINEST and I can’t wait for you to make this.
For the apple filling:
- 2 ½ pounds of apples, peeled cored and chopped*
- ⅓ cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg (freshly grated if possible!)
For the crumble topping:
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ¾ cup of oat flour (can sub for all-purpose flour if desired)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup of vegan butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, toss together the peeled and chopped apples along with the maple syrup, lemon juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the apple mixture and all of it’s juices into your prepared baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix together the crumble topping: rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, pecans, butter, salt, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples in the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes so that the apple are nice and tender and the crumble topping is lightly browned. Let cool slightly.
- Serve (preferably with vanilla ice cream!) and ENJOY!
*Weight of apples is BEFORE peeling. Really any apples work here! I like sweet apples such as gala but granny smith or other tart apples work as well! you can even use a mix of several different kinds of apples.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan dessert, vegan apple crisp, apple crumble