This Vegan Banana Bread comes together in just ONE BOWL and is perfectly sweet and soft!
- 1 1/2 cups of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1–1 substitute)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 6 tablespoons of nut butter- I typically use peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 medium extra ripe bananas, mashed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mashed banana. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cover the loaf with foil so the top doesn’t get too brown and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.*
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
*you can use a different sized loaf pan but it may affect the bake time. If using an 8×4 inch pan, you could need upwards of 10-15 more minutes of bake time.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan bread, vegan baking recipe, vegan banana bread