Fluffy and delicious VEGAN Biscuits!
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup (1 stick) vegan butter, COLD
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine almond milk and lemon juice and set aside. It will start to separate and look a little weird – this is normal.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a cheese grater, grate your vegan butter into the dry mixture. Use your fingers to toss the grated butter and flour mixture together. Butter should be incorporated throughout the dry. Place bowl in the freezer while your oven continues to preheat (or at least 5 minutes).
- Once the oven is ready, pour the almond milk and lemon over the dry. Use a wooden spoon to gently mix it all together until a crumbly dough has formed. Don’t overwork!
- Dump the dough out onto a floured surface and work it into a rectangle. Roll it out to about ½ inch thick. Cut the dough in half and stack the two halves on top of each other.
- Roll it out again to ½ inch thickness, and cut it in half once more, stack on top, and roll out to about ¾ inch thickness.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut out your biscuits (just a down and up motion – never twist your cutter! This seals off the sides and prevents rising).
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet so they are touching. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden on top.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan biscuits, vegan baking, vegan breakfast