The BEST Vegan Blueberry Muffins- this homemade blueberry muffin recipe is vegan, dairy free, and comes together in just one big bowl!
- 1 cup of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1–1 substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter- I used almond butter this time but have also made these with peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- heaping 1/2 cup of blueberries (I prefer to put frozen blueberries into the muffins but fresh work as well)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cup muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mashed banana. Stir until well combined and then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the 6 muffin cups and top with a few more blueberries if desired.
- Bake in oven for 24-28 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan, breakfast, blueberry, banana, muffins