- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup of applesauce, preferably unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond etc). I used an almond/ coco milk combo
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder and then mix in the oats.
- Add into the mix the applesauce, syrup, oil, and vanilla extra and stir.
- Finally, add in the milk and stir until just thoroughly combined.
- Leave batter to thicken while you prepare the waffle iron. Spray both sides good with cooking spray (and don’t forget to RE-spray after each waffle!).
- Once the batter has sat for about 7 minutes, stir in the blueberries.
- Pour ~2/3 cup of the batter into the waffle iron. Using a spoon and spatula, spread the batter out even and slowly close the waffle iron. Flip the iron over a few times and then set the timer for 6 minutes. Every iron is different and depepdning on how big you make them, they may cook a bit slower or a bit faster, so watch them.
- Once cooked, remove waffle from the iron and let cool briefly before digging in!