VEGAN Blueberry Pancakes- this banana pancake recipe is easy to throw together and results in the BEST vegan pancakes ever!
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries, plus extra for topping
- Cooking spray for griddle
- Pure maple syrup or agave for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond milk, coconut oil, and mashed banana.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Gently stir to combine.
- Mix in the blueberries and mix.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat. The trick with these pancakes is to cook them over a medium-low heat for a longer period of time. Mine took about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- For large-ish pancakes, pour 1/2 cup of the batter onto the griddle. Once the bottom and sides have firmed up (about 2-3 minutes) flip the pancake. Cook for 4-5 minutes on the other side until a nice golden brown. Flip again and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the original side.
- Once all done, top with blueberries and syrup and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan, pancakes, breakfast