The BEST Vegan Brownies that you will ever make!!
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup of cold water
- ½ cup (80g) of dark chocolate
- ½ cup (4oz) vegan butter, I prefer the earth balance vegan butter sticks in this recipe
- 1 ½ cups + 2 tablespoons (190g) of all purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (50g) of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup (110g) of white sugar
- ½ cup (110g) of light brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup (150ml) of plant based milk, I used a plain almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9 inch baking tray with parchment paper and spray generously with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flaxseed meal and the cold water. Let sit to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, add in the dark chocolate and vegan butter and melt in the microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted (mine took just 1 minute). You can also do this in a double boiler. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in the white and brown sugar.
- Fold in the flaxseed mixture, chocolate mixture, almond milk, and vanilla. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and bake for 25-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Mine was perfect at 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!
You can make these in an 8×8 pan (although the 9×9 is more ideal) but they may need a few extra minutes to bake
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan brownies, vegan dessert, vegan dessert recipe