This Tofu Chicken Salad comes together with simple ingredients and makes for an amazing alternative to traditional chicken salad!
- 1 block of firm or extra firm tofu (roughly 15 ounces), pressed*
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup of California red grapes, halved
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill, chopped (can dub for dried)
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract (optional but SO GOOD!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Into a large bowl, crumble you pressed block of tofu into chunks about the size of quarters. Really any size will work here so go with what you’d prefer for your salad.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve on your favorite bread or eat as is! Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
*See my guide HERE on how to press tofu with or without a tofu press
- Category: Lunch
- Method: stirring
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan chicken salad, tofu salad, tofu chicken salad