Vegan Chocolate Ganache is easy to make from scratch. This simple combination of dark chocolate (or other dairy-free chocolate) with coconut cream is a delicious topping for so many different desserts and it works great as a dip for fruit, pretzels and cookies.
- 8oz dark chocolate or other dairy free chocolate
- 1 cup of coconut cream (the thick part on top of a can of full fat coconut milk – you do not want the liquid part)*
- Place the chocolate in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut cream over medium heat until it just starts to bubble around the edges. Remove from the heat and pour over top of the chocolate. Let sit for 5 minutes and then stir until the chocolate is fully melted and combined with the milk.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for about 3 hours until it’s fully solidified and thick.* ENJOY!
- Optional: once thickened, you can use a hand mixer and blend the frosting so that it’s extra creamy and easier to spread/pipe onto your dessert.
Coconut milk – If you’re making this in the summer or if you live in a warmer climate, I suggest putting your can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight so that the coconut cream solidifies. The amount of cream in a can varies and if you end up with a little less than a cup, that’s fine. I wouldn’t bother opening another can.
Thickening the ganache – You can try putting the ganache in the fridge to solidify quicker, but it sometimes sets a little funny. If it does, you can try blending it with a hand mixer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Rest time: 3 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-bake
- Cuisine: American, French
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 10.8 g
- Sodium: 10.5 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.9 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 1.7 mg
Keywords: chocolate ganache, vegan chocolate ganache, vegan ganache