- 1 bell pepper (I used red for color and sweetness), finely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 5 cups of vegetable broth (I use this vegetable broth base and love it)
- 3 small golden potatoes (mine equaled about 2/3 of a pound), peeled (optional) chopped into small cubes
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 6 medium ears of corn, removed from the cob
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk (I used full fat but you could use light or even something like Silk coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add in the bell pepper, onion, carrots, and celery. Saute the veggies for 8-10 minutes or until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add in the broth, potatoes, and thyme sprigs. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Add in the corn and zucchini and simmer, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes. Remove the thyme sprigs.
- Optional: transfer 2 cups of the mixture to a food processor or blender (or you can also use an immersion blender) and blend until creamy. Return to pot with remaining soup. You can also do this with an immersion blender like I did in the video.
- Add in the coconut milk, salt and pepper, and stir. Top with fresh herbs and chives (optional) and ENJOY!!
- Category: soup
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan soup, vegan chowder, corn chowder