This Vegan Creamed Corn is so simple to make and is perfect for holiday dinners or even easy weeknight meals!
- 3 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt, plus more to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4 cups of corn kernels, frozen or canned (drained if canned), ~20 ounces
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups of plant based milk
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, destemmed (1/8 teaspoon of dried)
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add in the butter. Once melted, stir in the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the flour, salt and pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the corn, maple syrup, milk, and thyme. Turn up the heat slightly and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let simmer for 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat.
- Using an immersion blender (or transferring the corn to a blender), blend 1 cup of the creamed corn. Pour back into the pot and mix to combine.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste and ENJOY!
You can also use canned corn for this recipe, just be sure to drain out the excess liquid from the can first.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 311.1 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.6 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan thanksgiving, vegan creamed corn, dairy free creamed corn