For the spicy sauce:
- ¼ cup of Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread
- 1 of clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon of honey, or maple syrup to keep the sauce vegan
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- Pinch of salt to taste
For the tacos:
- 1 package of Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
- 1 large bell pepper (I actually used 4 mini bell peppers which is about the same quantity), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ cup of red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 6 corn tortillas
- Cook the Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders according to package instructions.
- While the crispy tenders are cooking, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the bell pepper slices and season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 8 minutes or until tender and to your liking.
- Make the sauce by first microwaving the Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread in a small bowl in 10 second increments. You want it to be spreadable but NOT completely melted. I found 20 seconds to be perfect. Add in the remaining sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Assemble your tacos by dividing the sauteed peppers and Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders evenly among the tortillas. Top each taco with red onion, jalapeno, and the spicy sauce (I put my sauce in a little plastic baggie with a corner cut out to get it on the tacos nice and pretty!).