This Tempeh Stir fry is so easy to make and PACKED with flavor! It’s one of my all time favorite quick and delicious vegan dinner recipes!
- of tempeh, cubed into bite sized pieces
- Sesame ginger stir fry sauce
- of olive oil
- of green beans, ends trimmed
- of carrots, thinly sliced (or baby carrots)
- If you haven’t already done so, make the sauce according to THIS recipe.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add in the tempeh and cook for about 8 minutes, flipping every few minutes so that all sides are browned. Turn the heat to low and toss in 2 tablespoons of the sauce and continue to cook until the tempeh is fully coated in the sauce and it has started to caramelize a bit. Remove to a clean plate and return skillet to the heat.
- Turn the heat back to medium, and add in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and toss together the green beans and the carrots in the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add in a few tablespoons of water and place a lid on the skillet to steam the veggies a bit until tender. About another 5 minutes. Remove the lid and take out any excess water.
- Pour in the remaining sauce as well as the tempeh. Toss to coat everything and continue to cook until sauce thickens and everything is nicely coated in the sauce. Cook about 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve over rice or quinoa and ENJOY!! Also great on its own!
This can also be made with firm/ extra firm tofu! Simply press it and cut into cubes and use in place of the tempeh.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan dinner idea, vegan dinner recipe, vegan dinners