These Vegan Egg Cups are simple to make and packed with plant based protein!
- 2 cups (185g) of chickpea flour*
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt (I used pink Himalayan salt)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 cups of non-dairy milk
- 2 1/2 cups of broccoli florets, cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup of onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup of shredded carrots
- optional for topping: finely diced red bell pepper (I used about 1/4 cup)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line or grease a standard muffin tin (12 cups).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, turmeric, paprika, salt, and baking powder. Pour in the milk and mix to form a thick batter.
- Fold in the broccoli, onion and carrots. Evenly divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cups. Top with red bell pepper as desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before eating.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge in an air tight container as a great meal prep breakfast!
*all I could find was a chickpea + fava bean flour blend and it worked great!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan breakfast, vegan breakfast meal prep, vegan meal prep