Vegan Egg Rolls are filled with seasoned vegetables, all wrapped up and fried to crispy perfection. I’ve included instructions for frying on the stovetop or using an air fryer. The perfect appetizer or side for any Asian meal!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, finely minced or grated
- 1 bag (14 ounces) of coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 10 egg rolls wrappers*
- Plum sauce for serving
- Neutral oil for frying
- In a large saucepan over medium-high, heat the olive oil. Once hot, mix in the coleslaw, ginger, carrot, green onion, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Cook for 7 minutes until all of the vegetables have softened. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Wrap your egg roll wrappers in a damp cloth or paper towel to keep them from drying out while you work.
- Lay one wrapper flat on a clean work surface and add 1/4 cup of the vegetable mixture, a little off the center to get closer to one of the corners.
- Fold the corner over the stuffing and roll about half an inch, then fold the two sides towards the center. Brush the remaining edges with a tiny bit of water to help seal the roll (I usually just do this with my finger). Roll tightly to close the egg roll and press the edges lightly to ensure it’s sealed.
- To air fry: place the egg rolls in your air fryer and spray all sides with cooking spray (or brush with oil). Cook at 350˚ F for 10 minutes, flipping halfway. Every airfryer is different so check them around 8 minutes to ensure they aren’t getting too dark. You may need to do this in several batches depending on the size of your airfryer.
- To fry in a skillet: Heat 2 inches of oil in a pot or deep skillet until it reaches 350 degrees. Place the egg rolls in the skillet and fry for 3-5 minutes, turn occasionally so that they brown on all sides. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- Serve with plum sauce and ENJOY!
Storage & Reheating: Cooled completely and wrapped well, egg rolls will keep three to four days in the refrigerator. To reheat, place them in a dry skillet and warm them up. You also could put them on a baking sheet in a medium-low oven to reheat.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: egg rolls, vegan egg rolls