These Gingerbread Cupcakes are simple to make and fully vegan!
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ tablespoon of cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of all-spice
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of ground cloves
- 5 tablespoons of Country Crock Plant Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup of molasses
- ½ cup of plant based milk
- 3 ½ cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of Country Crock Plant Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of plant based milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake tin with liners and spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: butter, apple cider vinegar, molasses, and plant based milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry and mix until JUST combined. It’s important not to overmix this batter as it will add too much air into the cupcakes and cause them to sink.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, add the plant butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and, using the paddle attachment, whip the butter for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar, slowly, until all of it is in. Finally, add in the molasses, vanilla, spices, and milk. Mix on medium-high for 2-3 minutes until nice and fluffy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan cupcakes, holiday cupcakes, holiday baking