Thick, decadent and oh-so-chocolatey, Vegan Gluten Free Cake is easy to make and will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth! This delicious gluten free and dairy free chocolate cake makes the perfect dessert for any occasion. Add a topping of chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries for an epic treat!
- 2 flax eggs: 5 tablespoons of water + 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 cups of pecan flour (can swap 1:1 for almond flour)
- 1/2 cup of potato starch (or tapioca starch)
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of applesauce
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla
- Optional for topping: vegan chocolate ganache, fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a round 9-inch pan (or 2 6-inch pans) and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Make the flax egg by combining 5 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pecan flour, potato starch, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flax eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry and mix until just combined. Bake for 25-30 minutes and until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool completely before icing and decorating. ENJOY!
Nutritional info does not include frosting or any toppings.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan chocolate cake, gluten free chocolate cake