Vegan Grapefruit Loaf
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Grapefruit Loaf is PERFECT for peak citrus season (or anytime really) and comes together with just about 10 minutes of work. Great as dessert, a snack or even a quick and delicious breakfast!
I bought this loaf pan almost a year ago and have been meaning to find a reason to finally use it. I do SO much baking but much of it is for client work where I need to use a standard bread pan. This pan is totally extravagant and unnecessary and I absolutely love it for that.
I figured that this Vegan Grapefruit Loaf was the perfect opportunity to finally put it to good use!
I’ve always loved a GOOD yogurt loaf. But until recently, there just weren’t many dairy free yogurts out there that I liked to bake with. However, I’ve been trying ALL kinds of vegan yogurts (you can see me review all of them HERE on my instagram stories) and I finally found some good for baking with.
My 2 favorites for baking are So Delicious plain or vanilla flavored and Forager project plain yogurt. I tried them both in this and they were great.
I personally prefer a PLAIN yogurt as opposed to a vanilla one. However, you can’t always find plain at the store. So if vanilla is all you have, it’ll still work well and taste great.
I modeled this loaf closely after a classic lemon loaf, but with grapefruit! The taste is simple but so so refreshing and delicious!
I can’t wait for you to try it!
SO fluffy and moist! GIMME!
How to make this Grapefruit Loaf:
1) Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2) In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
3-4) Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and gently mix until just combined being careful not to overmix.
5) Pour the batter into a greased loaf tin and then bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6) After the loaf has cooled, make the frosting by whisking together powdered sugar, grapefruit juice and zest. Drizzle it over the loaf and ENJOY!!
SO SUPER SIMPLE and deliciously moist!
As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this grapefruit loaf recipe and how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
More vegan desserts to try:
- The BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Skillet Cookie
- Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Cinnamon Dessert Pizza
- Easy Apple Turnovers
- Oat Flour Muffins
- Vegan Key Lime Pie
See how to make the Grapefruit Loaf:
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”SU0RlzaP” upload-date=”2021-02-17T20:48:27.000Z” name=”Grapefruit Loaf ” description=”Vegan Grapefruit Loaf ” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]Print
This Vegan Grapefruit Loaf is simple to make and perfect for citrus season!
For the loaf:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of cane sugar (or regular white sugar)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- 3/4 cups of plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup of vegan yogurt, preferably plain but vanilla flavored also works
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of grapefruit juice
- Zest of 1/2 of a large grapefruit, roughly 1 tablespoon total
- optional for topping: fresh grapefruit slices
For the frosting:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoon of grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon of grapefruit zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: oil, milk, yogurt, vanilla, grapefruit juice and zest. Pour the fry ingredients in the wet and mix gently until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes. It’s done when it’s a nice golden color on the outside and a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean. Let cool most of the way before frosting.
- Make the frosting by whisking together the powdered sugar, juice, and zest. Drizzle over the loaf, serve and ENJOY!
Flour: I’ve only tested this with all purpose flour and do not think that oat, or almond flour would work well in this. If you’re looking for a gluten free alternative then I suggest gluten free 1-1 flour.
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan bread, vegan loaf, grapefruit loaf, citrus loaf