This Vegan Grapefruit Loaf is simple to make and perfect for citrus season!
For the loaf:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of cane sugar (or regular white sugar)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- 3/4 cups of plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup of vegan yogurt, preferably plain but vanilla flavored also works
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of grapefruit juice
- Zest of 1/2 of a large grapefruit, roughly 1 tablespoon total
- optional for topping: fresh grapefruit slices
For the frosting:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoon of grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon of grapefruit zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: oil, milk, yogurt, vanilla, grapefruit juice and zest. Pour the fry ingredients in the wet and mix gently until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes. It’s done when it’s a nice golden color on the outside and a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean. Let cool most of the way before frosting.
- Make the frosting by whisking together the powdered sugar, juice, and zest. Drizzle over the loaf, serve and ENJOY!
Flour: I’ve only tested this with all purpose flour and do not think that oat, or almond flour would work well in this. If you’re looking for a gluten free alternative then I suggest gluten free 1-1 flour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan bread, vegan loaf, grapefruit loaf, citrus loaf