- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- ⅓ cup of onion, finely diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon of dried sage
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning (optional)
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once hot, add in the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in flour, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, dried sage, salt, and pepper until a paste forms. Slowly whisk in the broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then lower heat to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 6-8 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Optional step: Use a blender or hand blender to blend the gravy. I like it both ways, a little chunky from the onion and garlic AND super smooth once it’s blended.
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan gravy, easy vegan gravy, vegan thanksgiving