This GRILLED Vegan Pizza is super easy to make and perfect for summer grilling and get togethers!
- 1 vegan pizza dough
- 1/2 cup of marinara sauce (more or less as desired, I like a lot :D)
- 6–8 oz of Violife Just Like Mozzarella Shreds*
- optional pizza toppings such as tomatoes, onion, mushroom, bell pepper etc.
- Roll/ stretch out your pizza dough in a circle so that it’s roughly 12 inches wide. When I’m grilling pizza, I typically don’t worry about getting it into a perfect circle. Place the dough onto a floured surface such as a pizza tray or the bottom of a baking tray. You want something that will make it easy to slide the pizza off of and onto the grill.
- While the dough rests, pre-heat your grill to about 350 degrees F. Once hot, CAREFULLY brush the grates with oil. I do this by dipping a folded paper towel in oil and then rubbing it onto the grates.
- Carefully slide your dough onto the grill and close the lid. Grill for 90 seconds and then check the bottom. You want it to have a nice crust on the bottom but still be rather raw on the top. Remove from the grill and place the pizza back on the tray with the grilled side up (see video for reference). Re-grease the grill grates.
- Top with the sauce, cheese, and other toppings of choice. Gently slide the pizza back onto the grill, close the lid, and grill for 3-5 additional minutes. Once the cheese is melted and the bottom has developed a nicely grilled and crispy crust, it’s done. Remove from the grill (I usually do this by sliding a large metal spatula under the pizza and guiding it onto the baking tray.
- Let rest a few minutes and ENJOY!
*I typically use about 6 ounces but sometimes use the entire bag for an EXTRA cheesy pizza :)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: pizza
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: grilled pizza, vegan pizza, vegan cheese